Poland bonfire explosion injures a man and a teenager – Press Herald

POLAND — Two people have been injured Thursday Evening time when a gasoline container exploded sub…….

npressfetimg-1064.png

POLAND — Two people have been injured Thursday Evening time when a gasoline container exploded subsequent to a bonhearth, authorities said.

Police, hearth and rescue crews have been dispatched at 11:49 p.m. to A house on Maple Lane the place the house-proprietor and a 15-yr-previous male, who have been shut toest the explosion, had suffered “vital” 2nd-and Third-diploma burns on their arms and chests, Based mostly on Androscoggin County Sheriff’s Office Chief Deputy William Gagne.

The particular person was taken to Maine Medical Center in Portland by Auburn Rescue.

The juvenile was taken to Central Maine Medical Center in Lewiston by Poland Rescue, however was later transferred to the burn unit at Shriner’s Hospital in Boston As a Outcome of of his age, Gagne said.

An complete of two adults and two juveniles have been shut to the open container of gasoline. Gagne said it’s believed that an ember entered the container, inflicting it to flash and explode.

The Maine State Fire Marshal’s Office responded to the scene and is main the investigation. On Friday afternoon, the Marshal’s Office said the investigation Is fixed and that the names of the victims Aren’t being launched.

The injured man and boy are current process medical remedy, Based mostly on state investigators, Gagne said.

Authorities Aren’t releasing the names Of people who have been injured, he said.

« Earlier

Maine reviews 145 circumstances of COVID-19 as Waldo County emerges as a hotspot

Next »

Portland Metropolis Supervisor Jon Jennings a finalist for Florida job

Associated Tales